Friday 20 November 2009

Fabric 50: Martyn


Fabric have released news of their upcoming Fabric 50 studio mix, to be curated by none other forward thinking dn’b head-come-Dubstep-pioneer-come-House/Techno-connoisseur Martyn.


Speaking of the 26 track mix, Martyn said: “Fabric on Saturdays is mostly about four-to-the-floor; my music may not always be so straight up but at the root of it all there’s my house/techno background. I just think it’s interesting to show people how diverse music can be, if you make an effort and play a variety of things, some house alongside dubstep or instrumental hip hop. I will just have to make it work in this ‘Saturday vibe’. For me fabric 50 is sort of a temporary moment in time rather than the definitive Martyn mix, because I have been gigging so much over the past year, my sound has gradually moved a little bit more to straight up house and techno related music.”


The full release will come on January 11th for UK fans.


You can catch Martyn playing for Deadly Rhythm @ Plan B with 2562, FaltyDL and Jackmaster on the 29th Jan.

via hyponik.

No comments: